Monday, November 3, 2014

Consecration Week

What a wild week it was! We received many blessings and saw lots of miracles, but it sure wasn't easy.  For consecration week, as a mission, each companionship committed to 4 hours of finding a day from Tuesday to Saturday.  This pushed us all in the right direction.  Sometimes I need a little push to "stand a little taller, and be a little better" so I'm grateful President Millar had the inspiration to invite us to do that. It was great.

The best part of the week was when we went out street contacting on Wednesday.  It was a drizzly day, with puddles dotting the high street. As we walked, we just felt like we weren't in the right place.  We took a random left turn and followed the road around, past Priory park, and then right back onto the main strip.  It was then we met Serge! Serge is from Croatia but moved to England when he was a teenager.  He has had a very successful business life, but still feels empty inside.  He has great faith in God, and loves being around "god-fearing people," but still feels lost.  We talked with him and he talked with us for 45 minutes out on that busy street.  He agreed to a chapel tour later in the week and it went really well!! He agreed that baptism is something he wants to do if he comes to know the Book of Mormon is true!  He even already had a Book of Mormon from missionaries he met a few years ago! I love meeting people that are prepared and I'm so grateful Heavenly Father literally guides us where we need to be.  I'm excited to help him progress. The Spirit helps us so much so we know what to say and how to say it and I'm so grateful to be a part of this great work!

Scripture of the week: And he that will hear my voice shall be my sheep; and him shall ye receive into the church, and him will I also receive.

 22 For behold, this is my church; whosoever is baptized shall be baptized unto repentance. And whomsoever ye receive shall believe in my name; and him will I freely forgive.

 23 For it is I that taketh upon me the sins of the world; for it is I that hath created them; and it is I that granteth unto him that believeth unto the end a place at my right hand." -Mosiah 26:21-23From left to right: Serge, me, and Sister Maddocks after the chapel tour! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment